Driverless Install for Mac and PC* With No Updating Needed
For Intel-based Macintosh or PC computers with an open PCI Express 2.0 or 1.0 expansion slot. The easiest solution for adding two SATA 6Gb/s ports with a DRIVERLESS Plug and Play installation to Mac Pros!
Driverless Install With No Updating Needed
High performance doesn't mean a thing if its highly complicated to use, install, or a hassle to keep maintained. Because the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is fully compliant with the industry standard Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI), there are no drivers to install and no future driver downloading/updating required. Additionally, the card uses the same connecting cables utilized by earlier SATA 1.5Gb/s and 3Gb/s devices for straight from the box, "install it and forget it" highest levels of convenience and performance.
Adds Faster Than Factory Interface To Mac Pros
From faster backups and file transfers to high-end Audio/Video editing, connecting an eSATA interface equipped device to the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card can take data transfer performance to an entirely new level. Compatible with Mac Pro models and PCs with an available PCIe 2.0 slot**, the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card works with many eSATA–equipped external hard drives*** and optical drives. NOTE: this card does not support port multiplier enclosures.
Future Ready Yet Fully Backward Compatible
NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is like a "performance assurance policy" as conventional hard disk drives and SSDs migrate to the SATA 6Gb/s standard. Installing the card now offers immediate speeds gains while making a Mac Pro or PC future ready for even greater speed gains. Like all good upgrades, the card doesn't leave the past behind. The NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is fully backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slots as well as previous generations of SATA 1.5Gb/s and 3Gb/s drives.
* Driver required for use with Windows 8 and 8.1.
* up to 500MB/s total for x1 PCIe 2.0 slot or 250MB/s total for x1 PCIe 1.0 slot
** Dependent upon external enclosure compatibility
Hot Plug/Hot Swap Support
- Intel-based Macintosh or PC computer with an open PCI Express 2.0 or 1.0 expansion slot.
Works with ANY eSATA interfaced equipped external hard drive or optical drive
(NOTE: does not support port multiplier cases/enclosures.)
- Out-of-the-box ready driverless install for Mac OS X 10.5 & 10.6, Windows Vista & Windows 7, and any Linux version with built-in AHCI support.
- Also compatible with Windows Vista , but requires driver install.
- Supports booting in Mac OS 10.6.8 and higher, Windows (Vista & Window 7) with AHCI mode enabled in the BIOS.
Data Transfer Rate
- Up to 500MB/s total card bandwidth under optimal conditions.
*On a Mac, Hot Plug/Hot Swap is supported in OS X 10.7.2 and later. Due to a bug in Apple's AHCI implementation, previous OS versions do not reliably support this feature.