MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card
For Intel-based Macintosh Computers with an open PCI Express 2.0 or 1.0 expansion slot. The easiest solution for adding two SATA 6Gb/s ports and two USB 3.0 Ports to Mac Pros!
MAX Integration, Flexibility and Throughput
The MAXPower eSATA/USB3 Host Bus Controller (HBA) brings together the power of USB 3.0 and 6G SATA high-speed interfaces on a single PCIe 2.0 card. This highly integrated I/O card saves valuable PCIe slots and adds phenomenal throughput perfect for high-bandwidth demanding applications like video production, audio and photography.
With two eSATA ports compatible with the latest 6G technology, The MAXPower eSATA/USB3 HBA supports lighting fast SSDs, as well as legacy SATA devices, SATA hubs, external optical drives and more. Support for “hot-plugging” eliminates the need to restart when connecting or disconnecting a SATA device to simplify your workflow.
Each USB and eSATA port commands a dedicated PCIe lane, delivering a staggering total card-level throughput of up to 2,000MB/s with up to 500MB/s per port. Do more with your Mac Pro and connect 4 high-performance devices with just one spare PCIe port.
Adds Faster Than Factory Interface To Mac Pros
From faster backups and file transfers to high-end Audio/Video editing, connecting an eSATA interface equipped device to the NewerTech MAXPower 2-port eSATA 6Gb/s & 2-port USB 3.0 PCIe Controller Card for Mac Pro can take data transfer performance to an entirely new level. Optimally compatible with Mac Pro models with an available PCIe 2.0 slot, the NewerTech MAXPower 2-port eSATA 6Gb/s & 2-port USB 3.0 PCIe Controller Card for Mac Pro works with ANY eSATA interfaced equipped external hard drive or optical drive (NOTE: does not support port multiplier cases/enclosures.) to deliver significantly faster data transfer rates over the fastest factory equipped Mac Pro interface of FireWire 800.
Future Ready Yet Fully Backward Compatible
NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is like a "performance assurance policy" as conventional hard disk drives and SSDs migrate to the SATA 6Gb/s standard. Installing the card now offers immediate speeds gains while making a Mac Pro future ready for even greater speed gains. Like all good upgrades, the card doesn't leave the past behind. The MAXPower 2-port eSATA 6Gb/s & 2-port USB 3.0 PCIe Controller Card for Mac Pro is fully backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slots as well as previous generations of SATA 1.5Gb/s and 3Gb/s drives.
* up to 500MB/s total for x1 PCIe 2.0 slot or 250MB/s total for x1 PCIe 1.0 slot
** Dependent upon external enclosure compatibility
Agency Approvals & Compliance
- FCC Rules, Part 15, Class B
- European Standard EN55022 (1998) Class B
- European Standard EN55024 (1998)
- RoHS Compliant
- 4.72" x 4.53" x 0.75" (12.0 x 11.5 x 1.9 cm)
- 0°C ~ 70°C (32°F ~ 158°F)
- -65°C~ 150°C (-85°F ~ 302°F)
- Via USB 3.0: No
- Via eSATA: Yes
SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- Supports all USB communication speed data rate of Low-speed (1.5 Mbps) / Full-speed (12 Mbps) / High-speed (480 Mbps) / SuperSpeed (5Gbps)
- Supports all USB compliant data transfer type as follows; Control / Bulk / Interrupt
- NOT Compatible with USB 3.0 & USB 2.0 hubs
- Compliant with Serial ATA Specification 3.0
- Supports all SATA communication speed data rate of 6.0 Gb/s, 3.0 Gb/s, 1.5 Gb/s
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Intel-based Mac with available PCI Express 2.0 x4 lane slot
- Backwards compatible with PCI Express 1.0a at reduced speeds*
Operating System Support
Data Transfer Rate
- USB 3.0: up to 500MB/s per port
- eSATA: up to 500MB/s per port
- Up to 20Gb/s total card bandwidth.
Dedicated per port performance architecture fully utilizes the PCIe 2.0 x4 bandwidth
- Via USB 3.0: No
- Via eSATA: No
- x2 USB 3.0 Type A ports
- x2 eSATA 6Gb/s ports
Use of a PCIe 1.0 slot would reduce bandwidth to 1000MB/s (250MB/s per port).